Sunday, September 13, 2009

Falling into season


I was expecting more Indian summer this weekend, but instead mother nature gave us rain and drizzle and grey skies (though some of them were lovely), even a little thunder and lightening.  It kind of made me want to snuggle up into a warm cozy cabin with a fire and good book.  Rather than feeling gloomy, I pretended this just a sneak peak to fall, which made me totally excited for fall...foods!  Pumpkin, roasted squashes, roasted anything for that matter, spiced wine and cider, spicy hot chocolate and pretty cakes - red velvet cupcakes!  I made some yummy pumpkin bread in celebration. 

This weekend also brought us...

1.  Fresh laundry

2. A stroll with E for some ridiculously delicious and creamy ice cream.  I maybe had seconds on Sunday, maybe.

3. ....and a few cozy naps with E.

4. Homey stuff, like hanging some pictures, some chalkboard paint and lots of cooking!

I might be struggling with Monday a little, but am looking forward to lots of good stuff this week.  Most of all, I'm looking forward to seeing where this little blog of mine takes me.  It's been a long time in the making. 

Photo by Allyson Gowdy Thayer via Abbey Goes Design Scouting

No comments: