Sunday, September 27, 2009

Feeling reflective













Just like this dreamy and ethereal photo, no question San Francisco is a gorgeous place.  But it has more than its fair share of foggy days, and I've been feeling just about as foggy lately.  It's a funk I need to snap out of...um, soon.  I'm just not feeling like myself lately, and I admit it's entirely career-related.  Maybe more on that later.

So, it's timely that tomorrow is Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) where we dedicate time to turn inward, taking inventory of how we've lived life honorably (or not), and how we've treated others and ourselves over the past year.  It's an opportunity to focus, hit the reset button and implement meaningful change. 

This year, I am focusing on personal career choices that are right for me (and really being honest about them), cultivating friendships and highlighting family life.  How can I do better?  How have I faltered in these areas, and how should I change?  Also, what do I want these things to look and feel like?  What do I need to dedciate towards these goals?  Something to ponder...

Happy New Year!

(Photo via for design's sake)

No comments: